Sunday, September 10, 2023

Two peas in a pod


Today Mike and Larry left from Concord NC and traveled to Maggie Valley NC. The destination was Wheels through Time museum for Lunch.  

I did not ride today. We were warned about the challenges of this ride and the added element of rain. I was slightly afraid of the challenge of going down mountains without brakes. 

The support crew and I arrived to wheels through time and took some pictures! There were a TON of people that showed up. Both the guys got there even with a late start. They did take their time getting started in the morning so no surprise they were behind. Again… they run on Butts time. Oh and of course they took some wrong turns because I wasn’t there to direct them. 

  


I wasn’t personally worried about the first part of the ride. We kind of have a description of what to expect. In our riding class we were told this would be the most challenging day. Once Mike and Larry got to wheels through time they were like you should be riding. Anyway, a lot of people asked and I was honest - I just didn’t feel comfortable. The videographer, JJ, was like well hey you want to jump on the back of my bagger? (He’s on a modern bike). I jumped all over that. So I got to help JJ video the riders. 
JJ is an animal with a motorcycle. He is one talented motorcyclist. It was super fun. I did realize that I have ridden these roads before. Mom Mike and I took a trip out here in 2020 and road these roads and I did just fine. Granted it was a modern bike. 
The forecast was wrong and it only rained scattered. So unfortunately I missed out on a great day of riding. I’m kicking myself but I still enjoyed my day! I got to enjoy the views. 

Larry and Mike made their way back to the check point with all their points for the day.
They worked on just minor things on their bikes. Larry tightened his primary chain and some other chain—gear chain? 
Like tightened a lot of screws. Looked for an oil source. Worked on his chain cover because his chain was rubbing slightly - or very close to. Just ya know dinking around. 


JJ getting a shirt from Mom



Team Butts supporters!!! ❤️❤️ couldn’t do it without our families. Kara, Presley, and Nick. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...