Monday, September 11, 2023

Are we lost?


From yesterday when I got to ride on JJs bike. Did I post this already? I can’t remember I’m tired. What day is it? 




Everyone watching as mom works on the bike. 



 Today started off a little rough for me. I had started my bike making sure it ran- it did. Then I turned it off until it was time to go. When I decided to turn it back on- I struggled SIGNIFICANTLY. It wasn’t working. I was kicking the crap out of that thing. I come to figure out my gas is off. Cool Brianna. Then I pulled a Steve Rinker! I thought I had my kickstand down and I didn’t… so Cruella and I fell to the ground. No damage - besides my freaking ego. 

Mike and Larry’s bikes were running wonderful. At least from where I was. They made it to the start and we got going. However, my bike kept dying. I couldn’t get it to idle at all- and when I needed power it was just poop. We got to the first light and I had to start it probably three times. I’m not going to lie I was ready to give up for the day. Then we got it going and we jump on the highway. I try speed up and I’m losing power and in my head I’m thinking “fuck”. (Disclaimer : this is just me I cannot be held responsible for the words that come out of my mouth when under pressure). And it died at the light again.  I pull to the side of the intersection and luckily one of the staff Polly was there to keep traffic away from us. Mike pulls up next to me and notices that my spark plug isn’t connected. And just like that Cruella is back into action! She did awesome all day!


Grateful that Mike and Larry had patience with me - not only during this time when I was ready for mom to come pick me up and call it a day but also this whole trip. 


Next I know I brag about how completely amazing I am at lead the pack with these directions but I failed us quite a bit today. Larry and I took a good 13 minute detour today that made us behind for pretty much the whole day. Mike took the correct turn and waited for us to figure it out. This wasn’t the last time either as I got distracted another time by an accident that happened and missed a step. I do think I redeemed myself slightly but I definitely did not live up to what I’ve been saying. 

We made it to check in with all our miles. The ride was beautiful with great weather! 

Today has been two years since my accident which was kind of in my head all day as I’m driving the same bike on the same trip. But I’m proud and cruella and I both wear our scars with pride! 

Not a lot of maintenance needed tonight. Just doing our daily checks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...