Saturday, September 9, 2023

Just the two of us



Larry and I started the journey from Greenville NC to Concord NC. It started out humid - surprise surprise. But it wasn’t actually that terrible when we were riding. 

It wasn’t very eventful of a ride until around 11 when we stopped for gas and we read a text from my mom saying - “looks like heavy rain headed right at your guys”. Mind you it was sunny with pretty clouds all over. But things did take a turn. 

We came up on these roads that had clearly been down poured on. We had not hit rain yet, so it was kind of weird. It did start to take and it was splashing in our pants and such. We pulled over and the e d of some guys driveway and before we eve. Got off our bikes he offered us to pull our bikes under some shelter. He looked at the radar for us. Doc’s crew stopped as well. The guy told me “ you guys just made my day!” He took some pictures.

Larry and I got on our way. There was a point where we knew we needed to pull over for gas- so we obviously did. It had just started raining too. As we were filling our tanks it DOWNPOURED. I mean like full blast from a firehose. We kept debating if we should go out wait it out. We ended up doing some stuff on our bikes (I’m learning!!) and by the time we were done we started on our way and it had stopped raining. 


We took a selfie as we waited. Alex shared a wing with Larry. 

I also got to cover my magneto for the first time to protect it from rain. Larry was impressed. He handed me my phone to take a picture. Like he suggested it 🤣🤣



Oh and at some point during the day we pulled over to possibly take off our rain gear and Larry found this cool ass barn. So naturally we took pictures.




 Then a local helped us decide if we should or should wear our rain gear. We kept it on- and it was a good thing. This was the point I also realized I burned my pants - but…. It could be worse.

Larry and I go back and forth with who is leading. I had maybe one mess up where I thought we were supposed to turn but we weren’t. But Larry had a tougher day. He went through a light when he wasn’t supposed to. He then missed a turn completely. He was in front - I tried waving him down but no luck. I turned. And I waited. And waited. And waited. I waited so long my bike over heated. I watched him on Life360 and he seemed to be headed toward me I later learned he thought I broke down. Finally I called him knowing he has his Apple Watch on. He finally takes the turn. 

Then one of our last turns he was trying to go straight and I was like nope- and luckily they (him and another rider) were able to get turned. 


Good news on mikes bike! It is fixed and he’s planning on riding tomorrow. It was the timer . 

Larry and I made it in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...