Monday, September 18, 2023

Toto, we’re not in Kansas anymore













 For the record… everyone in Kansas drives a white truck or white SUV. That is legit all I’ve seen. 

Today we traveled from Garden City Kansas to Colorado Springs, CO. My started off a little rough. I was having issues with it idling. So every time I would let the throttle go, the bike would die and I would have to restart it. I quickly learned not to do this - however - surprisingly I am not a professional motorcycle driver and struggled slightly. We didn’t have a lot of stop and goes which helped me today. We all made it to lunch without issues (after my few killings of the motorcycle). The town of Lamar, CO hosted us with a meal and cute little train keychains. 

However, as we were setting off for lunch- I got a head start because I was afraid I’d kill it so I just went. But Mike was having issues with this bike. It just wouldn’t stay on. He somehow got it to the gas station and we filled our tanks. However he still couldn’t get it started.  We flagged down the sweeper truck and Larry and I continued on. Without our knowledge one of the guys was able to figure out the issue which was there was water in the gas. He ended up getting all of his miles. Larry and I also got all our miles. Larry and Mike were cutting in close - 5 minutes to spare and 3. 

My cousins and aunt met us at the finish line! It was wonderful- they cheered real loud for all of us on Team Butts!

It was awesome seeing driving on a straight road and you go over a hill and see the mountains appear.

We had some stuff to fix. Larry’s carburetor was loose. Mikes carburetor was needing adjustments and his box broke. The motor bolt in the back of my motor was loose and we lost the nut so we spent time finding one. Then Connor helped get it idling better. By that point it was late and I was ready to sleep. 



1 comment:

  1. Keeping a close watch on Team Butts progress from Ireland. I kinda miss not being there... Please say hello to a friend also called John who is spannering /wrenching with rider 200 Andy Babister

    ReplyDelete

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...