Saturday, September 16, 2023

Sharing the road



Yesterday was our day off. We were t going to touch my bike but decided to look at the wheel again. We took it apart and had a lot of people helping out. This is what the cannonball is about. My wheel has been wobbly and feeling not right so we’ve been looking at ways to improve. With the help of other Indian riders we accomplished it. 








Dumped out the tools by accident 


Honestly I’m not sure what Mike and Larry did. They did something with Larry’s forks and I think messed with Mikes carb. I ask them and then they babble on and never really tell me. 


 We all made it on our journey today. We left Wichita Kansas and ended in Garden City Kansas. It was a pretty easy ride. A lot of straight roads and some fast ones. 

We had a wonderful hosted lunch stop and fellow Cannonballer Terry Richardson’s shop. We had some AMAZING food and amazing company.

I was riding down the highway and all of a sudden it just stopped working. I had no power. Naturally I thought it was the spark plug again - so I reached down there and got zapped. I couldn’t feel it really on my right hand that touched it but felt it in my left hand. It was a strong feeling to say the least. 

It turns out it was out of gas. We have nailed down the amount of miles we can go on our tanks but we were driving in faster speeds and it was windy so I suspect that didn’t help. Maybe I didn’t fill it all the way up- our first gas station was pretty filled with Cannonballers. 

Luckily I had gas with me and got cruella going and made it to the next available gas station. Spitfire stopped with us and we made a TikTok! https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8j4Msrp/

Mike and Larry were just being pokey and I got through a green like and another and I just decided to leave them because we were almost done and had minimal turns- so they wouldn’t get lost 

We were on some fast roads and obviously can’t go very fast so people need to go around us and we do our best to help out. But some of the semis were cutting it close and getting EXTREMELY close to Mike ( he was leading) it was not cool. 

Grant vandalized my property and put his sticker on my helmet. I’m surprised it wasn’t a Harley. Don’t worry I got back. I don’t have a picture of it but I’ll find it 

Another rider working on his bike - lighting was too cool to miss
Grant helping with the Indian. He’s even touching it 

And George. He actually got on the Indian! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...