Friday, September 15, 2023

Oh deer

The start of the day in Branson, MO. Beautiful view. 

The start of the day yesterday was a little nutzo. We were in Branson MO - we got our morning routes and (I even was able to get Mike and Larry’s early - SOMEHOW). There was a huge ass list of emergency instructions to update. Mom and Cindy got a little frustrated (rightfully so) because it was taking a long time to write them in. We got a little behind (hahaha get it? Team Butts got a little behind?) so we were rushing. Well then by golly Cruella was a little temperamental and wouldn’t start. She made me tired by the time finally got her started. However for the rest of the day it was a beautiful ride!  

Right in the beginning we were going around these corners and there was one we were coming in hot for- I about shit myself as I was worried I was going to go off road. My foot floorboard thing hit the ground. 

I’ve seen a lot of dead armadillos. That’s been cool. 

I saw a FREAKING big ass spider that was furry. It was crossing the road and I saw it. It gave me the heebie jeebies! I have a mental picture I’d rather not remember. 

I also had a fawn run across the road in front of me. Probably the perfect amount in front of me that I could still see it frolicking across the road but not where I was going to hit it. It was magical. 


We don’t have signals on our bikes; so we have to use hand signals. I raised my right hand to signal a left turn and a big bug decided to high five me with its body. Those guys hurt. More so in the face which happens often. 

We had a lot of straight roads and fast roads but still had some beautiful views. 

Our destination was the Twisted Oz Museum in Augusta Kansas. It is run by passed Cannonballer Kelly Modlin. He and other past and current Cannonball riders from Kansas donated and put together the best most welcoming hosted spot EVER! 

We were welcomed with a ton of people interested in our bikes. We had a scrumptious dinner. We had goodie bags. AND we had massages. After all that riding … woof, that felt good. We are so grateful for all of the donations to make yesterday happen- it was the most anticipated place to have a stop. Kelly welcomed us right as we pulled in as we have known him since 2018 and has been a huge help to us. He is probably one of my favorite people. 

Today we are on a rest day where we get to work on our bikes and get some stuff done. 


Sorry the pictures are going to be out of order and from different days. It’s hard doing this from my phone. You’ll live.

Me waiting for the Butts brothers. 

Always a good day when you are driving past Connor walking his bike 




Our support crew drove by is from Twisted Oz to our hotel. I didn’t know it was them and I mean mugged them. Whoops


Randy had to pay a toll to get by with the beer



Coming in to twisted oz!!



From a previous day coming in! 

When we met the Sheriffs and investigator in Gainseville… can’t remember the state. 



Again coming into the Twisted Oz!

Mom being goofy in the bathroom at twisted Oz. Get it- she’s a Butt. 

Kelly and me ❤️❤️



Again as they drove past us going to our hotel. 

One of the roads we drove.

Team Butts coming in to Twisted Oz! 

And again!



And more— these may be duplicates 🤣
The sign I made Kelly for his museum 

The amazing meal! Provided by the Kansas Cannonballers- past and present 

I like to get little kids to go on my bike and take pictures. 

Hahahaaha oh Larry. His quote “ I’m so fucking efficient I didn’t even know I had it ”

It’s a good thing I can do the blog because these guys don’t tell me much on their experience riding - and I’m with them. 🙄 “we left, we stopped for gas, and got to our destination” 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...