Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Ozarks

esterday: mom asked Mike if he needed anything in his box on the back of his bike and he said there’s no room… this is what she pulled out. 


Today was a beautiful day for riding! Amazing roads with amazing weather. Really couldn’t ask for anything better. 




We started off in Cape Girardeau Missouri. It was a chilly morning that we weren’t really expecting considering the weather we’ve been having. 

Honestly the drive went great. No big upsets or anything. I have been having issues with coming to a stoplight or sign and the person in front of me decides not to go when I thought they were. Causing me to kill my bike because I was getting it out of stop into first gear. So naturally this happened and then I couldn’t get my bike restarted which is abnormal. I mean I’m a freaking beast at getting this bike started. People will try and they are like — wow this is hard. I KNOW RIGHT? 

Larry and Mike had made it through the light and usually they will just wait for me. Well I had to scoot myself into the gas station and try to get it. Kicking this bike is a lot of work and it’s tiring. So I was getting tired. I was at a loss so I just gave up. Started doing some stuff I knew how to do on the bike. Larry came back. Apparently, Mike had started turning around in a hurry because he saw ambulance and police fly by in the direction of where I was, so naturally he was concerned I hurt myself. But as he was doing that he was working the clutch and ended up dropping his bike and hurting his side. If you know Mike well for Mike to admit he’s in pain or to take it easy, he’s really hurting. He rode the rest of the way and didn’t notice a big issue until he was working on the bike later tonight. He’s resting and hoping to be back on the road with us in the morning.

One thing that was cool was we stopped in Gainesville MO for gas and the sheriff and the investigator came. They said they saw the bikes and had to come see them. We noticed my horn was really falling off from all the vibration theses bikes give. So they gave me some evidence tape and some police caution tape. It didn’t really help ultimately it was obviously Joe Sparrow that helped save the day. But I sure as hell kept that shit on my bike. No big deal. 





We have had a lot of people come up and talk to us and be interested it’s super fun. 

As I was coming into the finish line for the day- we had to ride up this large hill- no big deal. However the truck in front of me just stopped. Causing me to kill my bike.. again. I wasn’t able to start my bike because it was on a steep hill and it wouldn’t have been possible. So you can’t get help from support people in that moment so I had to push my bike up to a flat surface. This bike isn’t light. I mean I struggled big time. But people were cheering me on which is awesome. I got it to the flat surface. Kick started it. And rode that bitch to into the finish line. 




Not too much for maintenance. Just our normal. Tomorrow we go to Kansas. We go to Twisted Oz Museum. Kelly Modin owns it and is a former Cannonballer. We also get a rest day Friday. I need a massage. 🤣



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...