Monday, September 18, 2023

Oh my gorge








 What to say about today? It’s been a long day. 

We road from Colorado Springs to Montrose Colorado. I was anxious as I knew we were doing some of the crazier roads to get all our miles. 

Maybe 50-70 miles in we came across what’s called the skyline drive. It was up a mountain. One way - small road. No guard rails or anything like that. If you looked off the road it was straight down. Intimidating but was fun! 


Next was the Royal Gorge Bridge. Typically they don’t like anyone drive over it anymore. However they let us with our motorcycles! It’s the highest suspension bridge. 

1,257 wooden planks suspended 956 feet over the Arkansas River. 

After the bridge was some rough road. Straight dirt biking. But for me it was kind of fun. It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting- I was able to maneuver around and miss the HUGE stuff. 

We came up to a town for lunch. We knew we were going to hit traffic eventually due to some construction so we got a move on. 

We got to do the Monarch pass. It’s a high mountain pass and the continental divide. My bike had some trouble getting up the mountain. It cruised at about 29 mph. But she made it. Going down was a lot easier 🤣. Mike and Larry having larger motors flew by. 

We came up on some one way roads that had us waiting in stopped traffic. I was getting frustrated again by my idling. It seemed off again. At one point we did have to wait about 30-45 minutes in stopped traffic to get our turn. So we are going through construction zone obviously. We are descending a mountain and then we are on gravel- unpaved roads. 

Needless to say - today was a long day. Montrose CO welcomed us with open arms and food trucks. Mike had a hard time starting his bike - then mine I was struggling with getting it from stopped to start. Of course the guys didn’t believe me that it was the bike and not me. 🙄 Connor did come over and was like - well you’ve got an air leak - that’s why you are struggling. Thank the lord for Connor! But don’t tell him I said that. 

Larry’s bike is fine. No issues. None that I can tell or that’s he’s complained too much about. Mike and I are the problem children. 

I’m not sure what was figured out with mikes bike - maybe just temperamental. But we all left for a rooms with our bikes in the trailer so I hope we all ride tomorrow. 

We again had loose bolts and nuts. In case you were wondering. 














Grant got this pic of me as I was approaching him Super excited



Mom sacrificed her pen for my motorcycle ❤️❤️

Shout out to Tony’s dad, Ray, who gave me some great encouragement and wise words a few days ago! And who has been following a long on this journey 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...