Thursday, September 7, 2023

Prologue


 Today has been a busy hot day. The riders started at 0900 with “riding school”. There are 74 riders and of those there are like 41 new riders. That’s a lot of new blood so a lot of questions and answers-  which is good we want to be as safe as we can. Clearly - I know this from experience. The class got long but good information and reminders. We went around and introduced ourselves. 

At 11 we were let loose to work on our bikes. We had to leave the area around 1:05 to make it to the pier for our prologue. The son of the guy (Steve Rinker) who build my bike is along on the cannonball and so we obviously go to him for everything regarding my bike - if you don’t remember his name is Jared - I’m sure I’ll refer back to him so please friends keep up. 🤣🤣 I mean not to tell you my whole back story but we dated as well so we are friends and he is willing to help - so he says. My bike was popping so we thought it was sucking air. So Jared came to look at it after this class, drove around and made an adjustment to my throttle again. He also looked at my spark plugs - they were pretty dark so he leaned my bike out a bit. And then noticed some oil coming out of the primary. We saved that for another day. 

As Mike started up his bike he had put the cover over his primary chain and noticed it was hitting… so being that we were crunched for time he rushed to fix it. He made it to the pier. Larry’s says he doesn’t think his battery is charging.  

The pier was hot but there was a beautiful breeze. But we hydrated a lot had some slushies. 












As we left the pier we were doing good. We stopped for gas. Mike and I were sharing a pump- I hung it up and all of a sudden I am seeing gas on the ground. THE PUMP BROKE. 
As you may or may not be able to see the handle is disconnected from the tube. However, it was still leaking. So we zip tied it. We don’t only fix old motorcycles we “fix” broken gas pumps. 

As we were leaving this gas station the guys made it out before traffic and ditched me. So when they were on the side of the road I said “hausta lavista - sucks!!” And waves as I drove by smiling. 

They were stopped because mikes bike popped and stopped working. He got it back up but soon it happened again- so unfortunately he had to get on the sweeper truck. 

Larry and I made it to the check point. 

- As we were leaving the hosted spot Larry ditched me again!! Fucking rude! 🤣🤣 

By the time I got back to our trailer I was sweating my life away. There were sprinklers going and I undressed out of my jump suit and ran through the sprinklers. I had shorts and a tank on don’t worry - pervs. 






Cindy got me a really awesome beer too! 

As we cooled off we waited for Mikes bike. 



Now to fixing problems. They started by working on Larry’s bike. They fixed the voltage regulator polarity. It is successfully charging!  


Mike is working on his carburetor which is good. So now he took off his tank to see what might be the issue. TBD. 

The girls were asked to find a boot. Don’t worry these young eyes found it in the chain. That’s why they keep me around - to take pictures, handle/trouble shoot electronics, and use my good eyes to find the pieces they drop. 




The ladies helped Larry with his odometer which meant we had to measure his wheel. Larry used my special leopard tape 🤣 he’s keeping it on too. 


Cindy and mom were figuring out Larry’s odometer for him - it’s complicated. 🤣



Well I have caught up for now - will write more when I know more. 

Tomorrow we head to Greenville NC. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...