Friday, September 28, 2018

Starry and Mary

You know, I always laugh because I have the worst luck. If I order something offline, or am doing a house project, something is bound to go wrong. It would only happen to me. However, this trip was probably one of the coolest things I've got to do, which I consider pretty lucky.

Not only did I get to go to 18 different states in 18 days pretty much. But I got to develop a now unbreakable bond with Starry and Mary. I had never vacationed with them before. I would see them at some family get togethers. I've obviously always liked their company, how could you not? But this opportunity really allowed me to get to know them.

With Mary, you just know what you are getting. She will ask you any question that is on her mind and she is the most social person I have ever met in my life. Oh, and you cannot forget that she hugs everyone. Mary make inappropriate jokes, she likes to make people feel awkward, and she likes to just say things how they are. Mary is just...Mary. But gosh darnnit, she is freakin' hilarious. I probably think this, because I tend to be the same way.

Then there is Starry. (I actually started to get his name right about the day before we left). Granted, Larry wasn't around so that could have played a big role in it too. I'll let ya'll know the next time I am with them both. Starry, I was always curious about his personality. Ya know, you hear stories from other family members, mostly my mom and Mike. But then you also see some things on Facebook. So I was quite excited to get to know him a little better, and he didn't disappoint. Starry is the 'responsible dad' of the group. He had to keep us three ladies in line majority of the time. However, I feel as though he has been doing this for awhile now (him and Mary just celebrated 30 years together). Don't get me wrong when I give him this title though, him and I had our light hearted picking on each other quite a bit, and I fully enjoyed it. He sits back and observes the environment, because...well Mary doesn't really let him talk. But once he gets going, he is hilarious. He just throws one liners out there (some funnier than others), and he will just hold onto one simple thing you said and make it a big deal, but in a hilarious way. It's hard to explain, but it's so delightful. Or he will randomly do something unexpected. Like make a ridiculous face, and then when you (meaning me) capture it on camera and laugh at it for twenty minutes he is just cool with it. Or if you've been following the blog, I posted a picture of him showing off his butt, captured on accident, but probably one of my favorite pictures, because thats the type of funny he is!

Mary and Starry together is just a whole new world to me. I usually see them in bigger groups, like family get togethers. Any time Starry did something 'less impressive' Mary would yell "Thats my man! My man!"with an emphasis on 'my'.  Also, if Mary is being slightly outrageous there is this certain way that Starry says "Mary" that just cracks me up. I have been practicing my impersonations, but I'm not fully there yet. Starry's is so good-- it is literally the exact same every time. If you have ever heard it, you know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

One thing I really appreciated on this trip, was the encouragement we got from each other. I can't tell you how many times Mary and I did our animal calls, and were in fact encouraged to do so. Or if someone did something dumb, we'd sarcastically encourage them. Things like this. Okay, maybe it was more making fun of each other than it was encouragement. For example, Starry when he couldn't figure out the windshield wipers.  Or when he had to Austin Powers to back up. Or when he kept putting his sunglasses on instead of his readers. Don't worry, we made fun of Mike too.

But back to the luck thing. How lucky am I, that I got this great opportunity to get to hang out with my aunt and uncle for 3 weeks. I came late to the game, about what like 17 years later? I got to meet them after my mom and Mike started dating, but now at 28, to have really gotten the opportunity to spend quality time with them and to have learned more about the personalities and formed this bond that will forever be there? Thats pretty freakin' cool, and not many people get to say that. Not only did we go on this adventure together, but we have all of these crazy memories together. I mean seriously, that is just mind blowing to me. I mean words can't even describe how much that means to me. I will forever cherish and value that time that I got to spend with Starry and Mary. (I mean Mom and Mike too, but this blog post isn't about them).

There is so much more I could say about Starry and Mary and how amazing of people they are. But words could never do them justice. You are better off just meeting them. If you don't, I'm sorry but you are missing out.

I could not have been luckier to have experienced this trip of a lifetime with these two people. Like I said before, I value the time I got to spend getting to know them even better, and will forever be grateful and appreciative of how cool of an experience this was with them.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...