Thursday, September 27, 2018

I don't know about you

but I am really missing the Cannonball right about now.

I am sitting here at work, hardly working apparently, and have been getting a lot of question about my trip. "You've been gone forever! How was your trip?" "It looked like you had so much fun!" "Explain this thing to me." Everyone seemed to be amazed by the Cannonball. It really made me miss it.

Don't get me wrong, I have fully enjoyed doing nothing at home the last few days. I mean, it was like pulling teeth to get myself to go to the grocery store (this is normal behavior anyway). I also have continued to love to snuggle my cat, and she hasn't really left my side either -- awwwww.

Anyway, coming back and being home and back to "real" life, you start to think about the trip you just took. Holy balls, what a great adventure we just partook in. The opportunity to meet all of these wonderful people that we otherwise wouldn't have gotten to meet. People from all over the world. We made great friends from Ireland, New Zealand and then some in the United States too, Ohio, Wisconsin, Kansas. You name it! When the time came to say goodbye--or see ya later, it seemed like not too big of deal. But you get home and you want to talk to those people and see them because you just saw them every single day for the last 3 weeks. It's so unreal.

When you try to explain the Cannonball to people who have never gone or experienced it, no matter how you explain it, they just don't get it. It's definitely something to experience. You get excited to watch your new friends cross the checkpoint line, and you jump in to help when you can. Okay, I mean I can give a push start, thats about it. I guess I took a sliver out once. haha. I did tell Mike I was going to start Youtubing stuff so if he does it again, I can be more help. Thats what night shift is for right?

I truly just wish that I could see all of these people again right now, and it's literally been 5 days.

I'm just going to sit here in self pity and remember all my fraaaans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...