Friday, September 22, 2023

The bridge to the end

Donkey’s 



Three of us coming in

Tony found Larry’s hat

Grant and I have been playing tricks or pranks on each other- this was my last. He knew it was me right away

George, me, (Randy in back) Grant 


 
The hat

Mary…


We gave our Italian friends team Butts shirts they took their shirts off right then and there to put them on



 Today started out with a little mess. Larry had gotten in front of us, remember he is Lala Leopard (if you’ve seen from 2021 Cannonball - there is a lovely picture of Larry as a kid). Make had pulled on his front brake - and his brake backing plate anchoring rod nut fell off. The cable was wrapped up in the wheel. So I stopped with him. We luckily landed in an auto parts parking lot. I had the tools he needed in my box. 

He got the bolt off and I took it into the store to look for a nut. Unfortunately they didn’t have any, so I took my bike up the block to true value. I asked for a nut for a bolt and he said what’s it for? And I said a motorcycle and of course they always ask what kind and what year and I’m like an old one. They then insist on knowing and I’m like a 1929 Harley JD and they look at me dumbfounded and I think to myself- yea, told ya you wouldn’t know. The guy who was helping me was like wow I would love to see that. I told him it was down the road and auto zone but that my 1929 101 Indian Scout was in the parking lot - he asked if he could see it. Of course I was like heck yea- go check her out! 

Anyway we got the bike fixed and put all our stuff together and headed back on route. We got to Hoover dam- drove over it went to the top parking lot and came back down. We found Larry at the top. (Okay he was waiting for us). 

We go to Kingman where we had a hosted lunch by the Harley Dealership there. (Larry had gotten ahead of us again and missed his turn) but he found his way. 

We then headed to SitGreaves Pass (Arizona Sidewinder), it’s 8 miles with 191 curves multiple inclines and declines. Then we hit up Route 66. That was cool to see. We even saw some donkeys in the road. We made our way to London Bridge in Lake Havasu AZ where we were greeted by many. 

After that we drove to the hotel and Larry lost his prized possession - his old ass pci hat. I legit saw it get run over and thought- hm that looks like Larry’s. Tony saved the day by going to get it in the middle of an intersection. Cindy is not too happy. 

We had minor issues or problems to mess with on our bikes: just maintenance. 

Some tshirt were being handed out- and of course so we’re the shop rags ! Now that Mary is here… no one is safe. She meets everyone and everyone gets something. 

Ohhhh and we went on the second highest bridge in America! Mike O'Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge. 

So no big deal we’ve done the two highest this trip.


https://youtube.com/shorts/n2xYv5wZOao?si=CfIEPNGT4HSwUMOZ

I’m falling asleep…. Byyyyye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...