Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Dumb and dumber



 Today was inspection day! It is so freaking hot here it’s disgusting. 

We started the day with registration. We aren’t the best at being prepared. We needed insurance, registration and our license. I’m not sure why Minnesota is so weird, but we’ve gotten extremely used to the fact of throwing or not carrying our “registration” which I believe is just that little slip that comes with your tabs. (We have also had this problem when pulled over in Colorado). So of course we didn’t bring that. But obviously we have our tabs up to date. So we were freaking out a little bit- but ultimately it’s our risk. 


We were just doing little adjustments on the bikes. Had some things to do, like put route charts on and speedometers, etc. we took mikes gas tank off to clean it out. As we were wrapping up to go to inspection I had to keep reminding the guys that they we couldn’t go because they were on a break from 1230-130. I honestly believe I told them multiple times. 

Because we have some people that are not the best at remembering where they placed this, and they tend to lose things, Mom and I took the veno to the hardware store to get more keys made for the trailer. Now most of us have a key so if a few are lost… others have theirs. We did it dumb and dumber style as you can imagine I was driving and mom was behind me on a little moped going down the road. To beat that on the way back from the store mom was holding a box with a fan in it. The police pulled out right behind us. Considering how things had been going we wondered if we would get pulled over for something stupid . Luckily we did not. 


As we were now headed to inspection, things popped up. My bike was leaking a lot of oil that made us nervous. A quick call to a Rinker made us more comfortable. And then mikes bike was acting up. It would start up beautifully and then a short time later start struggling. 






I of course got warm waiting for the guys. As I thought we were going but then motorcycle issues kept happening (it’s like these motorcycles are old or something). I started taking off my pants. 



I did walk around like this for a little bit. Honestly I think only Team Butts saw me- so that was probably good. But I’m way more comfortable without pants. 🤣🤣

We all made it through inspection and had our motorcycles on display for awhile. 


Tony had never been to the ocean so we took him there last night. And obviously today. Considering you can see it on our balcony. 




We made it back from inspection… mike had to walk his a few times. But ultimately the Unruh’s saved the day and were able to help fix his bike. It ended up his carburetor just needed some tuning. She’s puuuuurring pretty. I believe Larry’s bike is running real good- he took it out a few times and didn’t have to do much mechanically. 

Mike bike. Woof. I drove it to inspection and my throttle was just kind of staying open. And reving REAL loud, even and ideal. One of the other riders and Larry helped me fix it. It does still seem to be sucking some air so we will work on that in the morning. 

Alright- I’m tired. Maybe cranky. But my age was guessed as 27 today so I’m feeling fabulous. 

Team Butts is still kicking ass and won’t back down! (Is that lame to say? Yes. But I didn’t really know what else to say) Stay hydrated!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...