Sunday, September 6, 2026

Weekend recap



Thursday Mike and I met up with Scott and Jerry. We went to the Davenport swap meet, and it was hotter than the hell of hell.

We got back to our hotel and took Jerry’s bike out of the U-haul. The U-haul place only had the largest available so the one bike look silly in it. 

They used the hill to get it out of the truck. 

🤣🤣


 We went to dinner then worked on Bluey 2.0. 



Scott needed some shorter bolts so he asked someone at the hotel if they had anything - turns out she was being picked up by her boyfriend who brought something for him to use. Mike and I also went to Menards to grab some just in case. 

Jerry and Scott left early in the morning friday. Mike and I went back to the swap meet. Again it was hotter than crap there. We made the decision to start our journey toward Chattanooga instead of waiting until Saturday morning. 

We got to Paducah KY in McCracken County 🤣🤣 it just cracks me up thinking of McCracken. 

Saturday we all made it to Chattanooga. Our friend Vicki saw us driving, I wonder how she knew it was us? 


Jerry and Scott road all the way, no issues on the way from

Davenport. Other than it was hot. So clearly that is the theme here: HOT! 

I had started to put stuff in my side bags and get things just set up. Many people walking around and chit chatting as they are fellow riders coming into town to do the Loop. 


Today: Sunday it started off with my braiding Tim Burns hair. He said it was quite awkward asking me… or that it would be - but he fails to understand that women do each others hair all the time. I had no problem braiding it. But I can’t say I’ve been asked that at a motorcycle event. ✅

We did some little tuning up on the motorcycles. We put Scott’s “new” number plates on. 

I did the best I could with the stuff I had at home. Covering the 8 and putting a 3. 

Mike just needed to mount some things. He took it for a ride then Jerry took the same bike out. I don’t think they needed to do anything to it 

 When I was starting my bike it started to tip … the kickstand had not caught where it needed to so it kept moving and would kept tipping. Luckily Mike was there and was able to help me not drop it. Scott fixed it for me. Jerry Scott and I road our bikes to the hotel we were going to stay at. Mike brought the trailer. 

One point we went out to the bikes and I’m not sure if mine was tipped over or tipped over while being started (Mike was the one that was going to start it) but the kickstand broke off. 😑 

We aren’t able to fix it so center stand it is. 

We had our first time of displaying our bikes and had our meeting before the big day. Somehow, a “snake” got in Mike Carson’s bag. Well he then threw it at Mike, I hadn’t seen any of this happen and then I’m off my bike and getting ready to walk away from it and Mike says Brianna catch - well I see this wiggly thing being thrown at me and I definitely jump away. 

Mike Carson also said there is a bounty out of anyone who cuts Tim’s braids off. Little did he know I did them. When I told him that he said… well I’ll give you an extra 50 for each on you cut. And so the shenanigans begin- and I love it. 

Our truck and trailer had to be parked about 5 or so blocks away- and like I’ve said many times it’s hot- so we road our bikes to go get the gear we needed to start tomorrow. 

On the way back from the parking lot Jerry broke his clutch cable. Luckily another rider (Jim) had a clutch saver and it worked like a charm. We did have Scott go back to the truck to get something - then we didn’t need it. Naturally, he made a fuss that we did that 🤣 whoops… maybe he should read into it a little bit. 

Otherwise we have been hanging out - catching up with all the wonderful people we haven’t seen for awhile. 

Tomorrow we start around 0800 and we don’t know where we are going. 


One cool thing is we have 6 solo female riders, 4 female passengers, 2 photo journalists and 3 staff. Yay!!

If you don’t know- my mom always decorates the skeleton at their house. All the grandkids love coming over to see what’s the outfit. So when I saw a skeleton dressed up I had to take a picture.


I was going to get a picture of all of our bikes together but I haven’t yet… so here you go. The beauty of the trip. And because I’m the one riding it … a picture of my bike 



See how it’s on its center stand? Yea… well now I am at the mercy of the guys to help me A) get off the bike, and B) put it on the stand. You have to pull the bike back without tipping it- it’s tough. But even just getting off I have try to get my leg over without also tipping the bike as I’m doing that. So it turns out I actually have to be nice to the guys so they still help me. 

I did park away from them due to space when we parked at the hotel so I had to yell down and be like “heelllllp me I’m poor” (name that movie). Just kidding no one will get it- it’s bridesmaids. 

Anyway- I must go to bed because we get to ride motorcycles tomorrow. Wish us luck! 

Maybe you guys should start guessing where we end up every night. You won’t win anything but you would get bragging rights- and that’s pretty much the best prize 

Until manana (insert wiggly line above the first n) 

breezy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day One

 Today was a day. A lot of things happened.  THE WEATHER WAS PERFECT!!!!!  We started out strong. In fact, so much has happened since then t...