We are just over a week away from our next adventure. Bill Page (the Harley whisperer) who has done many motors for us, and others have put together an adventure!
Here is what I can tell you. The motorcycles have to be between 1930-1959. We start in Chattanooga, TN and after 5 days of riding we end up in Chattanooga, TN. The “slogan” being 5 states in 5 days. Same concept as the other rides we’ve done. Try to get all your miles. Rumor has it that we have some stops that we must check in at- but we won’t know that we have to. We get penalized if we come into the destination too early (or late obvi).
Due to the fact that these motorcycles are “newer” (than the 100 year old ones) we don’t get to have a support crew. So what does that mean for riders? Simply (just kidding it’s not simple) we have to be in charge of our belongings and carry all things with us. Any parts we may need. Tools. Extra hardware. Oil. And on top of that all our own stuff, like clothing and gear for riding. Now you may say, but Brianna it’s only 5 days. And I would say, why yes you are correct (insert name) HOWEVER I do believe strongly that I am at a disadvantage. Let me tell you why.
I have to be more prepared with what to wear because I simply get colder than the guys. Now I don’t fully know the reasoning (I’ll probably try to figure that out after this post) but men can handle cold better. When we were on the transam, we rode through some very cold days, I was the most bundled up out of all of us. I was still physically shaking (and no not just because of the motorcycle- nice try).
Plus I am a 30 something year old female… I like my bedtime skin care routine 🤣 don’t worry it’s not even that bad- but still. Men don’t care about all this stuff. We will see if I can manage getting it all packed. Keep your fingers crossed because I’m nervous about it.
I do have the advantage of having been on rides similar and knowing what clothing I typically wear over and over :) win for me.
Are you guys sick of me talking about what I’m going to pack? How about we talk helmets. Long story short (you’re welcome) I got a new helmet. Mike wants us to be able to communicate and that seems like a good idea. So I got a modular - anyone play Halo? I am definitely Master Chief because my helmet looks like him.
My helmet ^^
Master Chief.
Okay I’m going with … they have changed his helmet since I was in elementary school because I definitely remember it differently.
Back to the guys.
I realize I never even told you guys who is riding this wonderful Loop with me - or am I going with them?
We’ve got Mike, Jerry, Scott and myself.
We still are Team Butts, but we have also added another one for shits and giggles …. “Jerry’s Knuckleheads” Mike and Scott are both riding one of Jerry’s knuckleheads and obviously Jerry is too. Pretty funny if you ask me!
Here is the bike Mike is riding. 1947 Harley Davidson Knucklehead
Jerry is riding a 1941 Harley Davidson Knucklehead
Scott is riding a 1940 Harley Davidson Knucklehead
Before you view these pictures please know that I asked each of the guys to send me a picture of them and the bike
Then I am riding a 1958 BMW R69








No comments:
Post a Comment