Sunday, September 24, 2023

Last long day
































 We took a nice ride to Palm Desert California. We started off with having to pull off the road because Larry had to loosen his brake. 

We started by going over Park Dam. Then we went into Joshua Tree National Park. We really just drove in the desert today. It was long roads but honestly I didn’t get overly hot until we hit the interstate. 

During our ride Mike had part of his bike came undone. He was sounding really shitty. One of his cylinder pipes was disconnected. So we fixed that.  Larry had to fix something too but it was pretty minor and now I can’t remember. I also had my decompression rod lose a bolt so we just took that off. Zip tied it to my handlebar 🤣

We all made it in! It was hot. Like real hot. So we cooled off a bit and started working on our bikes. I noticed I had a gas leak. I probably could have made it the 109 miles by refilling but we figured why not just fix it. So we did. We called Steve Rinker and asked him what we needed to do. We found that it was leaking by the connection of the hollow hole put in for the decompression rod. So we filed it all up. And our good friend Alex Trepanier soldered it for us. Then we replaced the tank. 

Hopefully today goes off without any issues! For the Grand Finale! 

At the hotel we had a little party without trying. We were staying at a different hotel than everyone else- but it was just across the street. It was fun because people wandered over and hung out with us so we had a little party at Team Butts. 

Mom and Mary took the veno to go get beer. I think we have too much fun riding two up on it. 


Unruhly Butts is the new team names we are joining forces! Many things were said and talked about. I was asked if I have any nurse friends to set up Bryce with… and well I may have made magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Finale

Doffo Winery Doffo Winery Right before take off  Right before take off Cindy and Jen Larry and Cindy                    Me leaving for the l...